The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) assists eligible tribal households that are unable to pay rent and utilities (electric, water, gas, propane, sewer, trash removal) due to the COVID-19 pandemic. ERAP can assist eligible households with rental arrearages, utility arrearages, current rental payments, and current utility payments. Telecommunication services (telephone, cable, Internet) delivered to the rental dwelling are not considered to be utilities. This program is only available to rental households within a 100-mile radius of tribal headquarters (Miami, OK) and does not apply to households with a mortgage or who currently own their home. This program is limited to one tribal member per household. Payments will be made directly to the landlord or utility company.
- Household address must be within a 100-mile radius of Miami, OK.
- 1 or more individuals within the household has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due, directly, or indirectly, to the COVID–19 outbreak.
- 1 or more individuals within the household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- Household income is at or below 80% of area median income.
80% of Area Median Gross Income Limit Guidelines
Number of people in household
Combined household income limit
- Completed application.
- Copy of Tribal Membership Card for Tribal household members.
- Copy of Social Security Cards for all household members.
- Copy of signed Lease/Rental Agreement
- Landlord/Utility Form
- Tax Identification Number required
- Utility Bills
- Bill must be in tribal member or spouse’s name.
- Account number must be on bill.
- Income Verification (please submit one of the following for all household members receiving income):
- 2020 Tax Returns
- 30 Days Check Stubs
- Proof of Unemployment (90 days unemployment will receive priority)
Applications may be submitted via:
- Mail – 29 South Hwy 69A, Miami, OK 74354
- Fax – (918) 542-2922
- Email – email@example.com
- Applications may be dropped off at the Shawnee Tribe Main office
If you have any questions, please contact the Shawnee Tribe at (918) 542-2441.